bkgd





Friday, August 20, 2010

The beginning...

And so it begins...  My first blog and my first blog post!  My life has changed so much in the past few years I felt like I needed to start a blog for several reasons.  My main reason lately seems to be that life is passing by so quickly and my memory does not seem to be keeping up.  My craving to remember every moment has never been stronger...so here I am.

So much has gone on the the past few years...major changes.  Great changes!  I moved back to my hometown in Illinois from Kentucky, where I had been living for 13 years.  Bought a house, met a man, fell in love, moved in together, got pregnant, moved into a bigger house, had my first child (a couple days later), lost my beloved dog, then finally sold my old house after about 10 months.

Tomorrow brings another change that I have mixed emotions about.  We are getting a new car and trading in my car.  It is a good time for us to do this and I look forward to being in a new car...but I'm having a hard time letting go of my old car.  It has been like a good friend.  Taking me and my dog everywhere we needed to go.  My car had lots of room and helped myself and friends move several times.  I was constantly amazed how much I could shove in there!

Apparently it has been a while since I really cleaned out the car, so yesterday when I was cleaning one of the back windows, I had some serious emotions as I wiped off some smudge spots that were obviously from my dogs nose.  I had so many great memories of her in that car, running around panting like crazy.  Oh the mess her hair and drool made! 

So now I have to focus on the good memories that will come with the new car and my son(oh and my man of course).  I wonder if I'm the only one to have such an attachment to a car.  Probably not!  But to a car my mom used to call my "ugly baby"? :)  I think I felt like my car was an extension of my personality.  Not traditional in any way, really flexible, and just comfortable...oh and maybe a little funky.  Wonder how I will feel about the new car.  I guess I'll soon find out!

No comments: