bkgd





Wednesday, August 25, 2010

House in transition

As I mentioned before, we moved into a new house last July.  A couple days after we moved I gave birth.  Needless to say, I didn't get a lot of time to get the house in order, decorate, or make any changes.  The house is in need of a lot of updating and we have been struggling to find the time to do it, even now.  After working all day, all we want to do is be able to spend time with our sweet baby because he won't be this little for long. 

So I have been working on removing wallpaper in the kitchen(that has been on the walls since the house was built) in any extra time I have on my lunch...hahaha  10 min here, 20 min there, maybe a little longer if nobody is sick and we have time during one of Max's naps on the weekend.  So months have passed and almost all of the kitchen no longer has wall paper(not like it is a big area).  I am almost done getting the glue off and hopefully this weekend or next, we will be able to get the walls patched where it is needed and start getting primer and paint on.  I can't wait for that part, but right now I'm still stuck in glue...

It's exciting though, thinking about everything we want to change and all of the possibilities.  Of course everything I would love to do is beyond what we want to pay, so we have to change things slowly and as inexpensively as I can.  I can tell my tastes have changed.  So another challenge is trying to figure out what I like now, and have it be child friendly at the same time.  I need one of those HGTV shows to come help me out!

No comments: