bkgd





Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Comforter

I searched for the longest time for a new blanket or comforter for our bed.  I didn't see anything I liked and then one day I found just what I wanted.  It was on clearance even at Bed Bath & Beyond.  It had to be mine!!!  So I bought it.  I decided I needed to take it out and put it on the bed to see what it looked like.  It looked great.  I slipped under it to see how it felt and was in love with the weight of it.  I thought it was a little too much for the current weather though and put it away under it was a bit cooler.

When the weather started getting cooler I was so excited to put the new comforter on.  I couldn't wait to go to sleep that night and when it was bedtime I crawled into bed with a smile on my face feeling like I was going to sleep so good and maybe even feel like I was surrounding myself with a bit of luxury.  Did I mention I had a dog sleeping in my bed for 12 years and never had nice bedding because of it? 

I was in for a surprise not long after I was in bed.  That comforter made me HOT!  I used to keep it really cool in the house and it would be great for those temperatures, perhaps even warm for that.  Since having the baby, however, the temp I keep the house is a little higher.  I can't get him to sleep through the night with a blanket.  In fact, for a long time I couldn't even put a blanket in his crib at all because he would pull it over his head or get upset because he got tangled up in it.  I really look forward to the day he will sleep like a big boy with a pillow and blanket and can tell me if he is hot or cold.  For right now, I have to keep the temperature a little higher and make sure his room is kept warm.

I am leaving the comforter on the bed though.  I may kick it off in the middle of the night, but I still like the feel of it.  Maybe if I run across something else that looks good and will work, that isn't too much money, I will change my mind and get something else.  But for now I will enjoy how it looks and feels and know that I won't be going cold at night!  Oh wait, except when I kick it off and wake up cold :)

No comments: