bkgd





Monday, January 3, 2011

Not my baby anymore

Everytime I look at Max now I think about how he is getting so big and is not my baby anymore.  Thinking about it too much isn't easy.  In many ways he is still my sweet little baby, and in other ways he is a boy.  He's in that in between stage and walking the line between both worlds. 

I'm not sure when the official change will be, I just know I'm not ready for it yet.  There is so very much that I love about this stage.  All of the new things he notices, tries to do and tries to say.  He tries to exert his independence all the time and then will turn around and reach out his arms to be held.  Lately he cries when I leave the room.  This is nothing new, but he just does it a lot more than he used to.  Separation anxiety is kicking in.  He has had stranger anxiety before, but now he is crying when we drop him off at daycare.  I'm not sure if it has to do with spending so much time at home over the holidays or if it is just his age.  Either way I feel bad for him and wish I could always be there for him.

Nothing in my life has ever made me happier.  What an amazing experience it is having a child.

No comments: