bkgd





Monday, November 1, 2010

Another tooth!?

The little one just got his 8th tooth last week, while his favorite teacher at daycare was on vacation.  He was a bear.  But I'm afraid this week may be worse.  Yesterday I noticed that one side of his gums were seriously swollen...I tried to look, but was only able to see one section of his gums.  He was keeping his mouth shut!  I think last night he woke up twice before I went to bed and I had to soothe him, then about every hour after that, but he went back to sleep on his own, after waking us up of course...and always in the middle of a dream.

He has been doing soo much better with his sleeping lately so I don't know if I should hope that all four molars are coming in at once or one at a time.  I just feel bad for him, he wanted to be held a lot this weekend.  He would hold his arms up to me and cry "momma" or "baby".  Not sure where the "baby" part came from, but either way I knew that he wanted to be held. 

I had started to wonder if he was getting a cold or if it was the "terrible two's" starting early.  I'm glad it's a tooth, but I just hate him being in pain.  And boy does he get bad breath in the morning from all of that drool.  And trying to brush his teeth....I don't think so!  I ordered a new toothbrush for him last week that I thought he would like and it will probably arrive today, but I'm guessing I won't be able to get him to use it today.  I can hope... and hold my breath in the morning if not :)

No comments: