bkgd





Tuesday, November 30, 2010

So much to do...

Time flies and I'm not so sure it's because of fun!  Last week Daren got strep throat.  I'm still praying that Max and I don't get it.  His mom was in town for several days and I missed out on Black Friday shopping because of the cooties.  Then Sunday Max fell and bite his lip on the inside and outside and did a bit of bleeding, but after that slowed down we knew he would be ok.  Then last night he pulled down a heavy object off a table onto his head.  It got blue and swole up so fast we threw him in the car to take him to the after hours clinic to have him checked out.  This was our first issue with something hitting his head so it freaked us out. 

They said they thought he was fine but to check him every couple hours and to watch for vomiting and not being able to wake up.  Do I even need to say that I didn't get a lot of sleep because I kept checking the video monitor to make sure he was ok?  And wouldn't you know it...I have had to get up with him every night at least once and usually for an hour at a time for the last week...except last night.  He slept and I didn't.

This week is full of meetings at work and Dr.'s appt's for me and Max.  It is a crazy week and I had hoped to get some X-mas decorating done on my lunches, but I don't think that will happen at all.  I wish we could have gotten it done this last weekend, but we were trying to keep Daren away from Max and there is no way I could have brought the boxes up and worked on the decorating while watching Max.  He is a maniac lately.  Not sure if it is a preview of the terrible two's or a little bit of the teething he is going through with getting his molars in.  Oh, then I just remembered the cookie party for my mom's group and a baby shower this weekend.  I'm hoping it slows down next year sometime!!!!!

By the way I'm not sure if I said it before but his daycare acted like I was wrong about him teething when he got the last round of hand foot and mouth, saying that they have similar symptoms so it is easy to confuse the two...well I was soo right.  I think all 4 are coming in and taking their turns. They all look to be in different stages with one fully through, one partially through, one where you can see the tooth still under the gum and the last one swollen and soon to show white under the gums.  Of course this was last week when I checked and hopefully when I try to get another look tomorrow I will see more progress.

Ok, I just have to note some changes I have seen in Max lately and then I am totally calling it an early night and going to bed.  He just started changing what he calls his pacifier.  It went from "ba"(no clue why) to something that sounds like "pass".  It is really cute when he says it though.  Yesterday when I picked him up from daycare it was raining out and I was talking about it and all of a sudden I hear from the back seat "craining".  He also started saying "Granny" when Daren's mom got here, which I'm sure she loved.  I think my mom thinks she is going to run off with Max someday and I think secretly she is trying to get him to call her "mama".  Ok, maybe his attempt at "grandma" just sounds close...but I'm keeping my eye on her ;)

Hopefully I made a tiny bit of sense tonight, but just in case I didn't I'm blaming my recent lack of good sleep...and with that, I'm off to bed!

1 comment:

Samantha said...

I hope everyone stays well! We would love to see you this weekend!