bkgd





Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Cooties be gone!

I just don't know what is going on with us and it just never seems to stop.  Daren had strep over our Thanksgiving days off.  We tried like crazy to keep myself and Max away from him so we didn't get it.  Then we all get some bug last week that gave us headaches and nausea and some other fun stuff.  Poor Max got sick and you could tell the vomiting was upsetting him.  He hasn't been eating well since and I'm not sure what is going on.  So we may have to make a trip to the Dr to see if it is something other than the molars coming in. 

Then I wake up at 2am on Monday with a swollen throat and a fever so I was sure I had ended up with the strep and made my way to the Dr's office on lunch...on the ice with a spare tire on the car(what a weekend we had!).    The quick test said it wasn't strep but they said they were wanting to wait for the official test to come back to be sure.  I mean if it isn't strep...what the heck is going on?!  So frustrating.  Especially during the holidays when there is so much to do. 

On to some more pleasant thoughts.  I have to say that I am amazed daily at the new things Max is learning and saying.  He is speaking more clearly and doing new things everyday.  Last night I had to smile when he took off a sock and ran over to the spot next to the chair where I put his clothes that I just took off that later go to the laundry room.  He put the sock there and then took off his other sock and put it there too.  In the past when I tell him we need to go get his pajamas, he will go look beside the chair first to see if there are any there.  Too cute.

Occasionally, when we have the TV on, Max will be playing with something(last night he was in his tunnel), then he will stop what he is doing and start dancing.  He is dancing to the music in commercials that sometimes I don't even notice until I see him dancing.  He also popped up last night in the little space between the chair and end table and started dancing.  He had been hiding back there playing with blocks until that.  He just notices everything.  At school they say he is very "curious".  LOL!  I know what that means...he is into everything and has to check everything out.  Hope they have some good running shoes!

No comments: