bkgd





Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Holiday Joy

It has been a struggle to make the time lately to update my blog.  I had a couple days off from work and although I had appointments most of my first day off, then some Christmas shopping to do, I did have one day that I got to spend with Max.  I got him all to myself and we had a wonderful time.  Such a good day playing and cuddling! 

Christmas this year had felt a bit rushed for me to the point of wanting it to be over quickly until Christmas Eve.  We had snow on the ground and were set to get more snow and I could not wait to see how Max would react to his toys.  Knowing that we would surely be getting the video camera out and how early we normally wake up in the morning I felt lucky to have been able to put on some clothes and pull my hair back before Max woke up and the Christmas fun began.  Ah no make up, circles under the eyes...can't wait to see that video :)

Santa got Max a battery powered car and he likes to sit in it and push the button that makes all the sounds but pushing the one that makes it move forward is trickier.  He is starting to figure out that he needs to hold it down, but he keeps looking behind him to see if someone is pushing him.  Really cute.

But it gets even better.  Daren handed me a box to open from Max and then one from him.  When I opened the one from him, I saw fabric and was just sure he got me a snuggie!  I was wrong...it was a Halloween trick or treat bag...hmmm, something fishy here.  Inside the bag was a small box.  That's right you guessed it.  It was a ring.  Oh wait, did I mention that he had the video camera on me while I was opening everything?  Yup.  He was looking at me through the camera so I made him ask me 3 times if I would marry him until he looked at me.  LOL!   I did say yes though :) 

Does this mean that it is time for the seemingly obligatory pre-wedding weight loss attempts?  :)  But of course!  Ok, really my health is more important that the weight and I do need to do more to make myself healthier.  What I really need is a haircut so I can stop looking like a crazy woman.  My hair is so thick right now, when the weather is just right I look like I have had my hand on one of those static balls that makes your hair stand out all over.  Thankfully I now have an appointment for next week.  YAY!!!!

No comments: