bkgd





Sunday, December 12, 2010

Yes!

Ok, I'm ready for a break in the weather so I can get the last of my Christmas shopping done.  Ok, that's a stretch because I still have a lot to do.  A lot.  I am so far behind this year and the only one I'm done shopping for is Max.  And I still keep seeing things I want to get him, but then I stop and think about how much he already has and lord knows how much his grandparents got him.  I don't even want to think about it.  It already looks like we run a daycare from our house.  I need to go through all of his old toys and start to weed out what he doesn't play with and give them away or sell them.

Yesterday Max started doing another new thing.  At least it is the first time we have seen it.  He started nodding yes when we asked him questions.  It was slow and really deliberate and of course cute :)  I was also able to see in his mouth this morning.  I didn't get to see one spot, but he now has 2 molars fully out, both on the same side.  The top on the other side just has a bit of white  poking through.  I think the bottom on that side was the one that looked to be moving the slowest, so some of the tooth may be coming through, or it may still be trying to break through.  From all of the comments I have received from friends about the molars, it can be a really rough time, but I think Max is doing pretty well.  He still has a low fever on and off and I'm hoping it is from the molars.  All I want for Christmas this year is good health for the family.  If we can all be healthy and enjoy this special time...that is all I want.

He still wakes up about once a night.  Last night he slept until 4 am.  I tried for an hour to get him back to sleep and then gave up and took him to the guest bed.  The first time in a very long time since I have done that.  Daren has done it a couple of times when Max was sick but that is it.  This morning I think we probably fell back to sleep at 6 and then Max woke up at 7.  Daren got him and let me lay down for a bit.  I fell back to sleep and actually slept until 8:30!  Shocking.  Now if only my dream of waking up to Starbucks waiting for me in the kitchen came true...that was a good dream :)

No comments: