bkgd





Thursday, December 30, 2010

Oh Christmas tree

I know Christmas is over :(  but I don't want to take down my tree yet.  I really don't care that much about the other decorations, but I love the glow of having the lights turned on at night.  Because we have such an active and curious little one we had to come up with a good solution on how to put up the tree so he couldn't get to it.  Hopefully this will be the only time we had to do this...but we actually took an extra dining room table and put it in the living room with the tree on top of it!  Thank goodness for high ceilings and smaller trees.  We were hoping to get a bigger tree, but it looks like it will have to wait until next Christmas...although if I can ever make it out of the house to go shopping, I'm hoping I can find a tree on clearance.  Somehow I doubt there will be any left at this point.  But a girl can dream!! 

Maybe I will break down after this weekend and take the tree and the rest of the decorations down.  It makes me sad so I have to look at the bright side...we will have more room for the ridiculous amount of toys that Max has in there.  I'm serious...it's insane and I am currently trying to weed through the toys to sell them or give them away.  Thankfully I didn't purchase most of the toys and Mom got them at the resale store.

No comments: