bkgd





Monday, December 20, 2010

Weekend craziness

I think this last weekend may have been crazier than this coming Christmas weekend will be.  We had attended the birthday party for our friends 3 yr old daughter.  Max did so good.  I think it was because there was so much going on.  Right about the time we needed to leave he started to get a bit restless.  I don't blame him either.  He is a very active boy and he sat still for an hour and a half.  Good job!

I had to get Max to take an earlier nap than usual so it was even more challenging.  Plus he ate food that he normally didn't eat.  Oh and on Friday he came down with pink eye, so he wasn't happy about that.  Again, I don't blame him, his eyes went from normal to looking painful and swollen overnight. 

Right after the birthday party we had to run home and grab some things and drive for an hour to a family Christmas dinner.  He hasn't been in a car for that long of a period since before he was able to crawl.  He did well on the car drive over.  Another happy surprise!  Then we got to my uncle's and the great chase began.  I didn't get much time to visit with my family because we were chasing Max all over trying to keep him out of danger or breaking something.  They have 4 dogs and thankfully 2 of them seemed to be interested in Max and Max was very interested in them.  He tried a few times to give them hugs. 

He was so busy and having a blast looking at everything that I could barely get him to eat anything for dinner.  Finally, about an hour before his bedtime(after 2 hours there) he started getting cranky and we knew it was time to head home and try to keep his normal bedtime.  The drive home wasn't as great.  I was hoping he would doze off, but he had a couple crying episodes and I didn't know what was going on...if he was in pain, tired, had gas, or something else.  I tried rubbing his little feet to try to help him feel better until we could get home.

We got home and noticed that his thumbnail had broken where he had smashed it a little while back(we still don't know when and where it happened).  Half of his nail was pretty much hanging off, so we had to cut it off.  It doesn't look bad, I just worry about the top part of what is left catching on something and pulling off.  We got him to bed and that is when it got worse.  He cried in pain and woke up about every hour.  I was sure it was gas, but we never heard anything to confirm that.  Daren took him in the other room to sleep to see if that would help, but it didn't help much.  He woke up with blood all over his lips where apparently his lip split in the night.  Not sure if he bit his lip or it was from being dry from mouth breathing from being congested.  Also his other eye now has pink eye...oh the poor kid!

Sunday wasn't too bad, we got to relax and try to get Max back on schedule to see if that would help him.  He seemed to be doing better at times and other times you could tell that he didn't feel good and he would just cry and throw himself down.  His crying usually doesn't last long, but I felt bad for him and did everything I could to comfort him.  When he took his nap he woke up again with blood on his lip. 

Thankfully, I think things are starting to get better.  He still isn't happy with getting his eye drops and they still don't look great, but he slept though the entire night and his lip looked better this morning and there was no bleeding.  Woo hoo!  It's the little things that make me happy.  Hopefully today will go well, the weather won't get too bad and we won't have to cancel Max's Dr's appts.  Keeping my fingers crossed!!

No comments: