bkgd





Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Bath Time

Here is just one more area I feel the need for my mommy mentor...bath time.  Max is a very active boy and the bath tub is no exception.  There's no telling how many times I say, "Please sit down" while he is in there.  I only put a small amount of water in the tub because he is constantly putting his face in the water and then coming up coughing.  Or even better, as he did tonight peeing in the water and then doing a belly flop on top of it! Fun!

Of course the part that worries me the most is that he had to get tubes in his ears a few months ago and has to wear ear plugs around water.  The other day he turned his head to the side and put his ear in the water!  I said,  "Don't put your ear in the water!"  Well I think the selective hearing is already in effect and he turned his head to the other side and put that ear in the water.  I just have to pray that the ear plugs are working well enough under those conditions. 

So usually we make it through bath time with no major injuries...unless you count the fact that I'm waiting for the heart attack to get me at any moment from the craziness.  And even though when bath time is over and Max is ready to get out, once I try to dry him off and put a diaper on him the tears and attempt at running away and attacking the toilet begins.  There is usually a struggle and bribes of various toys, hopefully something that peaks his interest and if I'm lucky there is a pacifier nearby.

Monday night I got so lucky and the entire bath process was so smooth I thought my child had been body snatched and in his place was an alien...a sweet well behaved alien.  Tonight on the other hand...hmmm.  Belly flop in the pee pool, trying to bite all things metal, and screaming, writhing until I had to hold him down then distract him with a comb to get his diaper on.  Oh the joy of bath time :)

No comments: