bkgd





Monday, September 6, 2010

Never dye alone...

Never dye alone...unless you have short hair that is :)  I decided to just go ahead and dye my hair this morning.  I was getting frustrated by the gray hair and saw a picture of myself from this weekend and thought my hair looked really dark and I was ready for a change. 

Since I haven't colored my hair myself in sooo many years...like 15 years, I picked a color that was a little different from mine, but not a lot.   I was glad I did because I think I suck at coloring hair!  Apparently I have more hair than I thought and it took forever for me to do by myself.  Trying to get the back was a big old pain in the you-know-what. 

At one point I looked in the mirror while trying to color the back and saw where the strands of hair with color already on it had fallen on my cheek and made stripes down my face.  I quickly washed it off, but I was just sure I was going to end up with brown and red striped hair.  I had planned on going shopping after and stood looking in the mirror wonder what I had been thinking, I was going to have to wear I hat, I was sure of it!

After about 40 minutes I finally gave up and started rinsing it off.  I got lucky because of the color and since my hair is so dark it would be hard to tell where I messed up.  Once I actually go out into the sunlight, we'll see how good or bad I did.  I can say that from looking in the mirror, I did better than I thought, but in the end, with this much hair I won't dye alone again.

No comments: