bkgd





Monday, September 13, 2010

Getting it together

I think I need a plan for getting everything done and doing a little more for myself as well.  This weekend things seemed to go more smoothly and I felt like I was able to get things done around the house.  Not everything I wanted to do, and none of my house projects, but I got stuff done none the less.

Last week I got the rest of my wallpaper glue off, with the exception of behind the stove and I am dying to get that paint up, so I have to hurry and get the rest of the patching and sanding done.  I also am getting very frustrated with my closets and the fact that most of my clothes don't fit me.  That and somehow my closet seems to have a lot of visitors from my mom's house.

So this week my two projects are to work on my closets(yes I have 2 closets full of clothes) and to get the walls in the kitchen ready to paint, or get the painted started by this weekend.

First I am going to take about 5 to 10 minutes each night before I go to bed and move clothes that I don't like/never wear/shouldn't be wearing, to the other side.  Then I will move these all to one spot, right now, Max's closet, until I decide what is going to happen to the clothes.  I'm thinking of having a clothes swap party at my house if anyone is up for it...let me know if you are interested.

As far as the kitchen goes, I think I am going to set aside 20 minutes on my lunch each day to work on it.  Then I can take about 20 minutes to get some chores done, possibly even eat, and feel like I am making progress as well.

As far as time for myself?  I hate working out at night, but if I can get a little walk in with Max at night I may at least feel like I'm doing something for myself.  We're going to get a new stroller, so not letting the money get wasted will be enough motivation for me to get out at night until it starts getting dark then.

So that is the plan, let's see if I stick to it  :)

No comments: