bkgd





Thursday, September 2, 2010

Time management

Where does the time go?  My list of to-do's keeps growing and I'm afraid it will never end.  Besides a good full nights sleep, the only other thing I actually miss about my pre-baby life was the time to get things done.  If I had only realized how important my time was back then I think I could have created peace on Earth.  Ok, maybe not.  But I would have done at least twice as much as I had been doing.

I make lists like crazy and I still can't manage to get much done.  I work from home and now find myself thinking longingly of the times I was in the office and would go out to lunch just for the time that I didn't have to multitask.  Now my lunch times are spent working on the house with only minutes spent actually eating.  I get 2- 10 minute breaks, when I take them, and use that time for laundry and picking up around the house, or whatever else needs done.

Since Max wakes up most nights about an hour or less after I put him down at night, it doesn't give me a whole lot of time to get anything done.  Plus we have all been dealing with the cooties Max brings home from daycare for the last few months.  I believe we all got the Norovirus that was going around the area.  NO FUN!

Last night Max woke up at his normal time with gas and probably some other pains considering tonight he had diarrhea.  I could not comfort him by just holding him so I had to walk around for a few minutes until he was ok enough for me to lay him next to me on the guest bed.  I let him get into a deep sleep and took him back to his crib where he slept restlessly the rest of the night.  I was on high alert with the monitor so I didn't sleep well.  So like most mornings lately, Daren woke me up to get in the shower while I was in the middle of a dream.  Since this is happening alot recently, I think it is fair to say my sleep cycle is off.

For a while now, by the end of the day, I wait until Max has had his wake up event and then end up wanting to just go to bed myself making the whole getting things done thing harder.  So I am trying to look at different areas of my life and house to make things easier to manage.  Ah being organized, it could be the key to my happiness.  So I think I will start out with....hmmm...going to bed.  I'll think about it more tomorrow!  Oh wait, is that Max I hear?

No comments: