bkgd





Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Baby needs some sleep!

Last night I got to go out to be at my Mom's group's open house.  It was my night to watch Max and I know Daren was hoping that he would sleep until I got home, but he has a strong track record of waking up an hour after we put him down.  Apparently last night was no different.

I got home to a dark house and found Daddy and baby asleep in the guest bed.  I woke Daren up and told him I would take over and he told me that he had to carry Max around for 20 minutes because he was crying so hard and he thought he might have had gas pain.  I never heard him do anything like it the rest of the night so I hope that it passed or it wasn't gas at all, because I think I've hit my limit on this not sleeping without us issue and am ready to put an end to it. 

I tried at about 1:30am to put him back in his crib and he stayed there for about 30 minutes(I think).  Then he started stirring and wasn't happy when I came in after a couple minutes to try to soothe him back to sleep.  He expected me to pick him up and take him out of the crib and when I didn't he reacted like he normally does lately when he doesn't get his way immediately.  Eventually he figured out what was happening and he laid down.  I know he tried to get back to sleep, but he kept looking up to see if I was still there and if I wasn't, it started all over again.  After an hour I finally gave up to take him to the guest bed. 

I made a vow, however that this was the last time.  Even though I am only 16 pages into the sleep book I am reading, I'm ready for a change.  So tonight I will be more prepared and will sleep on the floor of his room if I have to in order to keep him in his crib.  I'm thinking of taking the sheets off the guest bed to keep us from taking him in there.  We have given up way too easy.  Plus I am no longer worried about him crying it out, I don't like hearing him cry, but I'm at my wits end.

So the question is...am I strong enough not to cave?

1 comment:

Rachel Whiteman said...

Be strong! It will be hard for a couple of nights as he gets used to the new "normal", but in the long run it will be what is best for all of you! Praying that it is a smooth transition!