bkgd





Monday, October 11, 2010

I miss sleep!

I was so excited last week.  I told the little one that I was getting a book from the library on how to help him sleep so he should probably just sleep the whole night in his crib.  I told him they probably were going to tell us to make him cry it out and that didn't sound like fun so he should just get to it on his own. 

Ok, I realize that he is only 15 months old and none of this made any sense to him.  I probably sounded like Charlie Brown's teacher, but oh well.  Somebody had to warn him and I figured that since he loves me more than anyone else :) it might as well be me.

So he had 2 good nights and I thought we were turning a corner until everything went out the window last night and neither one of us got much sleep last night.  He wasn't feeling well and had a few blow outs yesterday while visiting his grandparents.  They were so unprepared I wish I could have been a fly on the wall as they tried to clean up the house and themselves.  Sounded a bit chaotic with tales of poop on the floor and trying to hose the boy down in the shower and all of them getting wet.

I ended up worried about him being sick overnight and I kept watching the monitor to see if he was ok and thought if he woke up I would go check his diaper.  So at 11:30 when I heard him drop his pacifier on the floor and saw him sitting up for a minute, I thought I would go check....BIG MISTAKE!!!!!  Diaper was perfectly dry.  I then tried to get him back to sleep and just as I was about to leave the room Daren ran into a door in the other room and freaked Max out.  He was so awake I had to hold him for almost 2 hours, ended up having to change his diaper twice because of all of it and then finally got him to sleep in the guest bed with me.  For a little while anyway.

Then the gas started with the tossing and turning until about 3am when he woke up, upset with me for moving him away from the edge of the bed(how dare I??!) and he began screaming and thrashing about...for I don't know how long.  I had to hold him in bed until he angrily cried himself to sleep in my arms.  I was so tired at this point that when Daren came in to get me up 2 hours later I startled because I was finally asleep and in the middle of a dream finally.  I felt like I was in a total fog...then I forgot to turn the fan on in the bathroom and got out of the shower to a real fog!

So I am totally tired tonight.  It is approaching 8 and I really wanted to go to bed an hour ago, but told myself I would wait until 8 so I felt less guilty.  Tomorrow night I am back to trying to read that sleep book.  I'm on a mission!  I could never let Max cry it out, but at this point I am willing to try anything.  Seriously.  We have to get this taken care of and get him back on track.  That baby needs his sleep and I don't want him to be a poor sleeper all of his life.  Plus, I think I might enjoy being well rested.  I vaguely remember it and I'm pretty sure it was a nice feeling. 

No comments: