bkgd





Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Changes

Well...I FINALLY made a little progress on our kitchen.  I got some of it primed and I started putting some paint on during my lunch break on Monday.  I only got a tiny bit done, but later that night Daren and I both agreed that we didn't like the color...UGH.  So now I have to stop and wait until we figure out what color we want now.  I was really wanting to have that decision made since we are also now trying to make a decision about flooring.  We would love to have everything done by Thanksgiving, but the way we make decisions, I don't think it is going to happen. 

The house isn't the only thing that is changing.  Max refuses to stay the same...I keep asking him to stay my little boy forever, but it clearly won't happen since he has a mind of his own.  Bath time is now much smoother and he gets very excited to get his bath.  He usually beats me into the bathroom running and sometimes giggling.  He knows he has to get his earplugs in and rarely gives me any trouble when I try to put them in.  I have even asked him what else we needed to do before he got in.  I was thinking taking off his diaper, but he pointed to his ears :)

I have to say that I am still amazed by some of the behavior he learns at daycare.  We don't always make him stay in his chair when he eats, so sometimes we put his morning waffle on a table and he goes to get pieces of it when he wants leaving the plate on the table.  We even use glass plates and he is so good about it.  Twice I have let him sit on the floor on a plastic mat to eat part of his dinner and he will sit on the mat when he is eating and leaves the plate on the mat. 

Last week he starting picking up washrags and paper towels and blowing his nose in them.  I had to laugh last night when Daren left his napkin in his chair and went to the other room to get something.  Max saw it, grabbed it and blew his nose into it 5 times and then went to put it back on the chair.  :)  I thought he was going to leave it as a present for Daddy, but he picked it up again and I ended up getting it and throwing it away.  You're welcome Daddy!

Of course with the good(sleeping is still going so much better) comes the bad.  Separation anxiety is happening more often lately.  Mostly with Mommy, but every day this week he has cried when Daren dropped him off at daycare because the usual morning teacher is on vacation this week.  Poor thing.  I'm glad he has a positive attachment to one of the teachers though.  It really helps that he likes to go in the morning and he has no problem telling me "bye-bye" and blowing me kisses in the morning.  I think the funniest part is if he happens to still have his pacifier in his mouth when it is time to leave and I tell him to give me the paci because he is going to school and he pops it out and puts it in my hand without pausing.  Hopefully this will mean that when it is time to give it up for good it will be easier.

No comments: