bkgd





Monday, October 4, 2010

Mom knows everything

Mom knows everything...except when she doesn't!  Oh and this momma had to do some apologizing last week.  I really did have a good excuse, I mean I was in the hospital!  Plus they said it could affect clear thinking and make me irritable.  But when it came down to it, I got irritable about something I was wrong about, and I felt bad.  So I apologized.

I love to be right, it's true.  I'm not sure I know anyone who likes to be wrong!  Thankfully, when I am clearly wrong, I don't have a problem admitting it and apologizing for it.  I am human and I'm in no way perfect.  Trying to be perfect just sounds way too exhausting to me! 

Even though I like being right, I certainly don't like reinventing the wheel.  When I don't know something I will usually try to ask others that I think might know and of course asking my mom.  What frustrates her is when I ask her for advice and end up doing the exact opposite.  I know she thinks I do this on purpose, but I don't.  I just like to hear other opinions and the reasons behind them and take that into account when I make my final decision.  I think in my mind it will help me make up my decision, but I probably already have my decision made, don't realize it, and am just looking for support for it. 

I really like to think things over, take my time and then move forward.  I'm not sure if I was ever really a spur of the moment kind of girl.  Oh sure, I have been at times in the past, but not overall.  Sometimes I get frustrated by all of the choices when I go grocery shopping, so I just leave without buying something that I might have wanted to get.  And buying our house and latest car was hard.  We made an offer on our house the same day we looked at it.  I'm really glad we did, but I had to be talked into it.  I didn't think it was a bad decision, but I just wanted to make sure it was the right one. I wasn't sure about the new car until we got a new stroller and I had to make sure it fit like I wanted...ok, I have to take the back wheels off to make it fit like I wanted, but it does and really that is all that matters :) 

So do these admissions mean I will feel any better about being wrong?  NO WAY!  If I say something wrong and realize it...but a part of it is right... you better believe I'm going to focus on that part!  Oh and if you are reading this Daren, you should just operate on the assumption that I am right.  It is just easier that way :)

No comments: