bkgd





Thursday, October 7, 2010

Confessions

Ok, I'm not Catholic, but for some reason I feel the need to confess...
  • I only recently began writing anything at all in my 15 mo. old's baby book (was it planned that his first meals of solid foods happened on holidays so it was easy to remember?)
  • Sometimes the newspapers sit on the front porch for 3 days before I remember to go get them(I guess this happens when they call me and tell me it is cheaper to get it all week rather than just on the weekends)
  • I don't recycle.  I know I should and would like to start, but like everything else in my life right now...where to start...
  • I will eat just about anything for breakfast...I hate to let leftovers go to waste.
  • I really enjoy giving my son his nightly bottle and letting him fall asleep on my shoulder.  I want to get him off the bottle, but I love the way he takes a break, puts his pacifier in his mouth, then takes it out and just opens his mouth like a baby bird when he wants me to put the bottle back to his mouth again.
  • While there were many days when I really enjoyed the special time I had when breastfeeding, I was jealous of the mothers who formula fed and didn't have to pump.
  • Most days, the only reason I put on makeup is because I have to pick my son up from daycare and don't want to look like the laziest person on earth because I'm not.  I find it hard to believe that any mother of an infant/toddler could be called lazy.
  • Some days I go to bed at 8.
  • I don't cook often, I need to learn and never have a clue at the store what to buy
  • I feed my son the Gerber Graduates meals more than I care to mention...I'll never tell.
  • I hate shopping for clothes and groceries. 
  • Sometimes when I need a chocolate fix, I pour the Hershey's syrup straight into my mouth. Yes, Daren, I really do :)
  • Many times I leave my clean clothes in a chair in the bedroom and just get my clothes every day from the pile rather than putting it away.  I'm getting better about this with a new habit I'm working on though.
  • I will use the soap until I am scraping it off the soap shelf unless Daren replaces it.  It's true, I'm cheap, and it's just one of the many little ways I try to save money so I can spend it on more important things.
  • Similarly, I won't throw away a lotion container until I have gotten every last drop out.
  • I hate spending money on myself, and prefer spending money on others. 
  • I like watching reality tv, not all of it, some of it really is junk food for the mind. 
  •  Ironing?  I'm sorry, what is an iron?   ;)  If I don't get the chance to get the clothes out of the dryer I will turn it on again to get the wrinkles out.  And yes I have done that a few times to the same load in the past.
  •  I often think of the time when Max will grow up and go out on his own and I can't stand it.  He is growing up too fast as it is.  I would do just about anything to slow time down.  But I don't want to be one of those mothers who can't let go...

      No comments: