bkgd





Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Funny boy

Recently I noticed something happen for the first time.  Max was working on his comedy trying to make Mommy laugh.  It started while I was getting his dinner ready and he was playing with a plastic bowl.  At one point I had it and put it over my mouth and made some noise so it would have a different sound.  He decided to try it, put his whole face in and started babbling.  I had to laugh.  He saw me, did it again and looked at me waiting to see my reaction.  I smiled and laughed again...and so it continued.  You could tell that he was enjoying my reaction and that was my favorite part...the look on his face.  So sweet.

He did the same thing in the bath that night.  He was having a good time moving his legs back and forth making a good size splash and he kept pausing and looking at me to see what my reaction was.  I wished Daddy was home that night to see it.  Too cute.  He is such a Mommy's boy lately.  I feel bad for Daddy though.  He will ask Max to come over and give him a hug and instead he will run over to me. 

There have just been so many changes lately I can barely keep up.  He is trying to say just about anything you ask him to say.  He just starting saying "no" and shaking his head...I see trouble coming from this one :)  My favorite is some of the things they teach him in daycare that they don't tell me about and I find out on my own.  The cutest is when I started singing a song that I didn't know they sang at daycare..."I'm bringing home a baby bumble bee..." and when I started singing he held his hands together in front of him and started moving them from side to side.  I LOVE IT!  So stinking cute we have to get it on video soon.

Good news too...Max slept again the whole night in his crib and I didn't get up at all to help him back to sleep.  He still moved around quite a bit.  I actually turned the monitor down a bit so I could try to be a little less obsessive about checking the video monitor every time I hear him move or grumble.  Now if we can only get him to sleep more soundly at night.  I personally think he is overtired since he had to move from 2 naps to 1 a day at daycare.  Plus we found out yesterday that he is slightly anemic and will need to take some supplements, so perhaps that will help him too. But for now I'm glad we are making progress!!!!

No comments: